RO/DI unit

pod

Reefing newb
i'd like to get some feedback from those that have RO/DI units... i'm kind of getting tired of going to LFS to get topoff water every week, and was thinking of purchasing my own RO/DI unit. my budget is around 130-150. any suggestions? i don't need much, i have a 40gal, but having to topoff almost a full gallon every two days. i also need something simple to use.

alot of people in our club at reef central buy from ebay store the the name is filter direct the website for their products is filterdirect.com.

that's going to be my next investment too. i hate to be a thread hijacker, but how long do the di filters last? and how costly are they to replace?

I just got one and I can say it is worth the investment. All I have to do now is to figure out how to keep from flooding the basement. I can't remember exactly how long the filters last but it's awhile. The one I have the filters are quite expensive to replace.

I got one. I have an 100gal tank, I hate going to the fish store. I got an Pure-Flo II Premium TFC reverse osmosis water purification system. 189.00$ It will make 24 gal a day.Thats in a 24 hr. day About a gal. an hour... I have a 55 gal rubermaid trash can with lid!!! Keeps the water claen, I drilled a hole in the top just big enought for the line.Keep it on my back proch, that way the bad water thats runs, off waters my flowers in the yard and the sun hepls heats the water. I like not running to the store. This pull everything out of the water to have to put back in ph. And I put the Kent Marine-C. I use Red Sea Salt It also puts back alot of minerals. My tank is only 8mos. old BUT knock on wood I have not lost anything I have put in yet. They say the filters last 1000 gal. 29.00 to re-place them. This pricing is here in Texas. but I love it. Worth every penny

The ones at Home Depot or Lowes does not pull on copper or iron. You need to check the water where you live and see whats in it so you know what you have to pull out.

Back