RO/DI Units

dolphins8426

Reefing newb
Well I have been looking for a new RO/DI unit and I just purchased the 6 stage ro/di unit from purewaterclub.com. It was only $107 and I just could not pass it up. Has any one used this product before? I was wondering if I got a good ro/di unit for my 55 gallon reef tank. :sfish:

22-442-g.jpg

Last edited:
I have the 5 stage unit from Pure Water Club. I've had it for several years and love it -- never had any problems. I've ordered my replacement filters from them too.

I don't know how anyone in this hobby could be without a RODI unit.
dolphins8426 glad you got one, you'll be very happy with it.

just got my six stage installed and working. took a little bit of tweaking and finding small leaks and fixing them but I have to say...this thing is ridiculous. I dont even have my saltwater up but let me tell you how much easier it is to not have to treat my water for my freshwater tanks...just makes life simpler. I can already say how the heck did I ever live without one of these! And the water is wonderful to drink!

Congrats! One of the best purchases you will ever make for your tank.

Make sure you also grab an inline TDS meter and a pressure gauge can be helpful too... if your unit doesn't already come with them.

hehhe, mine came with a hose connection, and so i had it connected to a garden hose, and its been on for the last month or more... just sittin out on the back porch, just connected to my trashcan with a floaty valve in it... no biggie... oh, mine is the 7 stage pure water unit.. i guess you call it 7, theres the 3 big ones, then the RO membrane, and then there are 3 DI's on top.

question. if i was to buy an RO/DI unit from said store and company "A" do i have to buy from said company for filters or are all these units a common filter size?

How often should the RO membrane be replaced? I've had mine for about 2.5yrs now. I replaced the other cartridges once (couple months ago) and refilled the DI canisters, but have never bothered with the RO membrane.

I think you are supposed to change them once a year. It also depends on how bad your water is locally. In Tucson we have very bad water so they get clogged faster.

Due you guys use these for drinking water? Or just for you water changes and top offs. I'll have to get a TDS meter, are they expensive?

Back