ro/di

salt newbie01

Reefing newb
I am going to buy a ro/di unit in the next month or so. Just thought I would ask if any has one they are going to sell. Maybe for a bigger one or maybe you just don't like it for some reason. Just thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

i dont have one for sale but ive been extremely happy with my typhoon III. airwaterice has excellent customer service. brandon and bryan have the ebay unit which they seem to be happy with also and it costs less

just my :twocents:

Thanks for the input James - I plan to buy the same one Brandon and Brian have. Just thought I'd see if anyone was getting rid of there's.

I second the airwaterice Typhoon III. That is the one I use and I have had great luck with it. I do not know what Brian and Brandon have, but at least compare units before buying.

6 stage filter for $100 is a good deal and you get good water.

However, after brian bought his there have been a couple things we have noticed.

1) You don't get 110 GPD, more like 70ish
2) If you leave the water on and let it build pressure it seems like I was constantly fixing a slow drip, so I couldn't recommend that unit if you were going to hook directly to a float valve.

All that being said... I now bring mine in the house once every two weeks and make my water for the waterchange, fill up the 15 gallon topoff reservoir and all works great. Oh yea and the 20 gallons for you HEHE.

If they are happy with the one they mentioned I would look into it.. There honestly has to be a better unit than what I have, but at the time I wasn't sure RO/DI water helped that much and was more interested in quality water cheap. They threw in the leaks for free :).

Brandon

Brandon is that the only problem you have had from your ro/di unit? Do you know if Brian has had the same problem? If that's the only problem you've had I think I will probably get that unit and save myself $100.

Thanks for the input everyone

yea, as you saw when you were over the other night I just move it into the sink when for the night when I need to make some water.

I don't think brian's leaks but he has the same issue with it not doing 110.

BV

hey pat, I was alittle disappointed in the output. It however has gotten better with time. I havent ever seen any leaks, in brandons case I think he told me they forgot to put teflon tape on and hes had to mess with it so he probly messed it up himself! Overall for the money you cnat beat it. they also spent alot of time helping me figure out why it doesnt put out much.
Just a preliminary, check your water pressure of the spot your gonna tap into. that greatly determines your output.
Ill sell you mine for $150! LOL

What a deal, Brian!! Thanks!! I'll take it. Can I pay you $75 now and the other $75 when I change over to SPS!! :D
It really seems to be the best deal for the money. If it will produce around 70 gpd that would be enough. I sure don't need 70 gallons a day!

I hope you learned something from this patrick....

Stab or be stabbed... I lay off of brian for one day and look what happens.

Back