Ro/di?

then i was just being stupid. the way i read it made me wonder how anyone could afford ro water. i thought 98% rejection would give me 2 gallons for every 100. didn't stop to think it was clearing out 98% of the crap from the water....dumb dumb dumb:frustrat: but i see now....

then i was just being stupid. the way i read it made me wonder how anyone could afford ro water. i thought 98% rejection would give me 2 gallons for every 100. didn't stop to think it was clearing out 98% of the crap from the water....dumb dumb dumb:frustrat: but i see now....

Not dumb at all ... I used to think corals were some kind of plant. It was all new to all of us at one time. Many things are still new to me after a year and a half.

do ro/di units really pay for themselves with a high water cost at home? the rejected water amount is crazy from reading the article on this site unless i am reading it wrong. my water bill in the summer watering my lawn (big lawn) is $80.00 on average. just curious?:question: with a 98%rejection rate how much water is rejected just to get 1 gallon of good water?

Hey Knot........you said you were worried about wasting water, well what i do is i have 2 rubbermaid trashcans in my basement and one is for my RO/DI water and the other is for my waste water.........and i use my waster water to water my grass and/or plants, etc......but hey atleast it isnt just going down the drain unused.

I think i'm gonna have to invest in one of these units pretty quick, this carrying buckets into the walmart is getting old, and i still have a long way to get to where I need to be.... Oh, and just as a point of reference, I'm paying $.27/gal at the walmart in Seguin Tx.

i was looking at the pure water club site, and the 6 stage unit with tank, its a preorder sale, but for being patient untill they ship, they will send you a free set of filters to go in it... seems like a pretty good deal for 130... wonder if i can slip this by the wife before she totally cuts me off on this hobby...

Last edited:
I wouldnt bet on it:D
I need to go a head and invest in a RO/DI system myself,just got to many pokers in the fire right now.
Maybe the wife will eventually get tired of haulling my buckets to wal-mart and buy it for me:mrgreen: (not holding my breath,cause she WONT haul my water)

There is always something to buy for our hobbies. If it isn't an RODI unit it's a new hunting gun, or a new table saw or router. However, I am very happy with the Pure Water filters. I think you will like them as well.

In order to save the waste water, lots of people hook it up to their washer, and use the RODI waste water when they run their next load. But yeah, it's not nearly as bad as 98% of the water going down the drain :)

Back