Ro/di

Just make sure there are no dirty water or other tings drop into it though. Cause sometime the drip is very minor and you'd hardly notice it. A drop of soapy water, mouth wash, or just about anything from the sink could be deadly.

cool, thanx for the reply. got any pics? id like to see how the RO is hooked up to your sinks too. :bounce:

My setup is messy... in a way. Like many others, the salt water needs be mixed for over a day using a power head. So, I have my RO/DI unit setup in my bedroom and do the mixing there. I then bring it to the tank when needed.

I use an empty salt bucket. They are about 6g or 7g. I fill it up with water about once a week. Keep a tight fitting lid on it. Once a month I use a dedicated plastic brush to scrub it with HOT water and baking soda. Rinse well.

I use an 8g rubbermaid trash can for my mixed salt water. It gets mixed on Sunday after water changes. Then that new water mellows for a week until next Sunday.

Lately I've been doing frequent water changes on the frag tank to combat the algae, so I'm going through a lot of salt and RO water.

when you mix your water and let it chill for a week, do you have a heater and or any movement in there?

i'm also currious, how are you getting the new water into the tank?

I'm using big trashcans for my mixing, and i generally mix mine the day before. I have a Rio2100 pump in there on its side, that makes the water swirl around and around, and i have one "30 gal" submersable heater in there, i let that run for about 24 hours, while i test the SG and temp every couple hours and adjust as needed.

then i turn off the pump and heater, hook a hose to the pump(in the bottom of the trashcan) and pump the water up outta that into the DT.

My RO unit is hooked up under my kitchen sink. I have it split 3 different ways, one goes to my ice maker in my fridge. I have one the goes to my 120 and 180 that hook up to floats. my 3rd line has a ball valve that I attach to my 30 gallon trash can for mixing my salt.

I keep a powerhead in the can that circulates and mixes the salt for me (I don't worry about a heater) the pump will keep it warm. I also have a float hooked up on my trash can so I can walk away and not worry about it overflowing.

well, i have to have a heater, cause over night that 30 gal of water will drop from the 78 where the tank is down to 68 which is where i keep the house. (well, ok really i only mix about 20 at a shot) but still 20 gal in a 75DT can drop the temp kinda suddenly, thats why i pre-heat.

I definately like the sound of the floaty in the mix tank... all my trashcans are on wheels, so i can just move them around easy, full or empty.

My RO unit is hooked up under my kitchen sink. I have it split 3 different ways, one goes to my ice maker in my fridge. I have one the goes to my 120 and 180 that hook up to floats. my 3rd line has a ball valve that I attach to my 30 gallon trash can for mixing my salt.

I keep a powerhead in the can that circulates and mixes the salt for me (I don't worry about a heater) the pump will keep it warm. I also have a float hooked up on my trash can so I can walk away and not worry about it overflowing.

did you have a plumber do all that? ^

Back