ro di

AHill40

reefer head
Should a ro di unit put out more water than the waste or is it the outher way a round. im getting all kinds of waste water and very little pure water. i bought a purewater club ro di 6 stage and the water on pure side just drips out, i have around 75lbs of water pressure going to this filter

You've got it set up right. The average RODI unit produces 4 to 5 gallons of waste water per 1 gallon of pure water. There are more efficient units that produce less waste, but they cost ~$1000.

Still, your good water shouldn't be dripping out. For example, if you have a 100 gallon per day unit, it should be producing around 4 gallons per hour.

Well I got it to work its not putting out 4gal an hour but its around 2.5 an hour Ill look in to my pressure a little more later but its working and not leaking for know...LOL Thanks Biff for all your help and every one else...

the other thing that you can do to reduce the "waste" water is to get a permeate pump... i'm about to order mine...

KMD eCommerce Crop.

but you can water plants and stuff like that with the waste water, its still ok water, its just that the impurities that were taken out of the "clean" output, are now more concentrated in the waste water... if that makes sense...

Also, not only should you check the line pressure, but make sure you're flow restrictor is working correctly. If it's not restricting the flow correctly most of the water will be going out to waste. With mine usually my pure water trickles out very gently (not drip) and my waste water is a steady slow stream.

I got my water to flow a little more to day. for some reason the pure water comeing out of the ro membrane had a small restrickter on it that was not listed or shown in the manual. I toke it off, It now is a steedy trickle and i got to looking at my resrticter on my waste water,It was a 500 instead of a 450 that pwc stated. A buddy of mine has modified his and his tds reads 0 so he tells me. Im going to get with him this week end and see what involved in that. I'LL let you all know, If it works good we all will have more water

Back