Ro/di

OceanCrazy

Reefing newb
Hey guys, my bro got the LFS to hook up the RO/DI filter. My only problem is when its running, its really slow, feels like i am acclimating a fish with faster drip speeds.. Is that how it should be or is something wrong? cause i can

Most are set up for like 75 gallons a day some more and some less. So you are talk about 3 gallons of water an hour. It takes a while to fill up my 30 gallon cans. So if yours is rated at less will take longer if it's rated at more wont take as long.

The short answer to your question is yeah it takes a while to make RO/DI water.

The thing is i cant even see where the model is written. On the box it says 50 75 and 125+ and nothing is ticked. Any other way of knowing what size it is? Like on the filter itself.

Some can be very slow, due to the ratio, some may create 1 part RODI and 4 parts waste water.
Mine looks like a drip acclimation too, but as long as it has a TDS reading of 0, its all goood! :mrgreen:

Hey guys, my bro got the LFS to hook up the RO/DI filter. My only problem is when its running, its really slow, feels like i am acclimating a fish with faster drip speeds.. Is that how it should be or is something wrong? cause i can

The production rate is determined (primarily) by:
1. The gallons per day capacity of the RO membrane (look at the sticker on the side of the membrane).
2. The water pressure. What is your pressure?
3. The water temperature.

If you want help troubleshooting it feel free to give us a call when you are in front of the system.

Russ
513-312-2343

The thing is i cant even see where the model is written. On the box it says 50 75 and 125+ and nothing is ticked. Any other way of knowing what size it is? Like on the filter itself.

What does the sticker say on the side of the membrane.
Also - would be good to know more about your flow restrictor. Some pictures of the unit would help.

Back