ro systems

wolfwood423

Reefing newb
hey e any of you kept coral without the use of ro water. Do you feel that i should get an ro system before adding corals to my tank. Do you guys Know of any good ro systems that install under a sink so that it can be used for drinking and aquariums. Thanks in advance.

I would only use ro water and nothing else....Well besides RO/DI. Anyway if you have bad tap then you will most likely have a ton of algae problems. Get a TDS meter and check your tap. It'sounds crazy but I read about peoples tap being close to ro on the TDS meter and thats all they use, but without a TDS meter to tell I wouldn't use tap. You can buy RO by the gal from walmart for about .33 a gal.

Holy Triple Post Batman! Bobby has you covered, even without coral in a Fish Only system you should use RO/DI water for algae concerns and overall system health.

Bobby and Ryans got you pretty well covered.
You can also use distilled water.It get to be a pain in the butt when the empty jugs pile up,but its worked for me.

I got an under the sink six stage RODI unit off of Ebay for $60 plus $40 shipping. It works great. The TDS of my tap water is close to 400 and it comes out of the RODI unit at less than 10. You really shouldn't be using tap water for your tank, even if you don't have corals. Heavy metals will kill inverts like snails, shrimp and crabs and most tap water will contain a lot of nutrients that algae thrives on.

Back