RO unit back pressure fitting

Chris_150G

Reefing newb
I got my RO unit from PureWater Club and have it mostly set up. But in the instructions it mentions how the waste water has to have back pressure to work. My problem is that I don't see a back pressure fitting. I don't have that part that is pictured. Is it already attached to the unit when you get it? Maybe I am not seeing it. I want to get it running before I need to go buy more water.

It's not actually a fitting, but an insert that slides into the waste line. It should be inside the waste line where it connects to the unit. If you take the line off, you should see it. Basically it turns the thickness of the waste line to about as big as a pin hole.

how long did it take from when you ordered from them till it was at your house? i just ordered mine, and i'm just frothing at the mouth for it to arrive...

ok thats cool, i checked and i found the tracking # so now i can watch it make its way to me... the planned delievery date is nest tuesday according to UPS... so, guess i wont be working on that this weekend...

It came in about 2 days. But I think it shipped from California and I live in California. It was fast. I nearly installed it in about an hour which surprised me. When I turned it on there was one leak that I fixed (so far). I still have to run a line from the sink to my tank which is about 15 feet and through a bunch of cabinets and a furnace intake box. So hopefully tonight i can finish and get it flushed out. I'm using a trash can for my holding tank. I rigged up a float for it last night. I can't wait to start making water!!!

yea mee too, i have a couple 32 gallon trashcans that i have been using to do my mixing in, but i'm seriously thinking about putting them on the back porch, and just hooking them up as a resevoir... then i can use the ro water for other things... mixing coolant for the cnc machines, putting in batteries and radiators, things like that... i do lots of stuff that ultra pure water would be a good improvement for me...

the other thing that i was thinking about was plumbing like 6 5 gallon buckets together, on the top shelf of my "fish closet" and then just running a pipe straight down into the bottom of the closet, so i can just open a valve and i have 30 gallons of water, at room temp, ready to go into my mixing tank right there( my mix tank is in the bottom of that closet...)

Back