Rock with apistia problem

KillerChimps3600

Reefing newb
I have 1 rock that has at least 10 different aiptasia (all pretty small) on it but it also has tons of bristle worms in it I dont really wanna kill em but would just boiling the rock and scrubbing it be the best bet to make sure it is all gone before it spreads to the other rocks?

Yep i spelled it wrong haha

You should get some peppermint shrimp. I'd say three or more. They're hit and miss as to whether or not they'll eat the aiptasia, but I think it's better alternative than rock boiling, especially if there are things in it you want alive.

Like I said, they're hit and miss.
I had a couple aiptasia pop up a couple months ago. I got five peppermints. I think only one of them ate the aiptasia.

The peps wont eat the big ones, you have to kill those, but they will keep any new ones from coming up. Also i think the ones that come from Pacific are the ones the nems, the ones from the Atlantic wont/dont know to. I might have that mixed up

You can also buy Aptasia X as well if you want to get rid of them. I believe that's the brand I keep hearing from time to time to get rid of them.

Back