rodi placement

parrotchute

DUSTOFF MEDEVAC
Setting up my new 50 gallon water tank for storage, but an issue might be my RODI unit placement. Is there an issue with it being on the floor, 4 feet below the opening of the tank, with the output tube going all the way up that high? Will it cause a pressure problem, causing more "waste" water? No idea really....

No problem. When I was filling my 125 I ran a line from my RO/DI, in the kitchen under the sink, out and up into the tank. I used a 25' piece of tubing and it worked perfect.

I have to use two 25' pieces of tubing to reach my tank from the RODI unit. Which is the main obstacle keeping me from setting up an ATO -- my tank is really far away from my kitchen sink!

I have to use two 25' pieces of tubing to reach my tank from the RODI unit. Which is the main obstacle keeping me from setting up an ATO -- my tank is really far away from my kitchen sink!
With all the room you have in that equipment room Biff, Why not just get a bucket and setup an ATO that's gravity fed. You'll still have to fill it up, but running that 50' hose once every two weeks is way better than once a day.

Because when I bought this house, I promised NDB that he could have his own room to do whatever he wanted, so that became his "office". I have since taken over the closet in the office with my tank stuff, and the back wall with my tank stuff. I don't want to make him mad and steal even more space from him!

My waste line runs up into the attic and then back down into the adjacent room (laundry room). Works fine. My output line I just ran up to the ceiling and along the walls to the other side of the garage, about 35' of tubing. Haven't started running it yet with the new output location, but I don't foresee it being an issue.

Back