RODI to storage to refugium DIY

leon1972

Reefing newb
Ok so I know I have several DIY threads up but I have several projects in mind for the next few weeks. Here's what I want. I want to run my RODI to My ato bucket all automated on it's own. I want to know if there are any flaws in my system so here's what I am thinking.
I am going to have my RODI run to a 20 gallon bucket. I am thinking I will need put a Pressure auto shut off valve (Aquarium Water | Reverse Osmosis | RODI Water | ReefKeeper Water | ASOV Auto shut off valve) in conjunction with a float switch in the 20 gallon bucket. My concern with this is will the water just stop flowing through everything or will the water build up in the RODI and damage it? Will this setup be enough to stop the RODI from draining into the bucket? Then from the bucket I will setup a float switch to my refugium for the ato. I also am going to plumb the 20 gallon bucket with a valve at the bottom of the bucket and some 1/2 inch tubing to fill my weekly water change bucket. If I seal the 20 gallon bucket lid and install another valve in the lid to use as a air flow pressure switch will this be enough to force the water through the tubing?

The float switch and the auto shut off. I have one on my unit going to my hold water cans and they do work,. Pretty easy to set up.

The cut off switch mounts on your ro/di unit and stops the flow. I'm not sure if it will last forever. I turn the water off yo my unit when the cans are full.

The other question I have no idea on. I have 2 cans one for salt and one for fresh and I just bought a adapter to switch between the one I want.

I don't like the idea of having water running to my unit 24/7, but that's just me.

Yeah. I don't like the idea of that either. I don't have much space. That's why I havea spigot installed to tap the bucket for my change water. I'll put it in my changeover bucket and mix the salt.

That auto shut off valve installs between the output and the float valve. When there is back pressure, it shuts off the supply water to the RO unit. Works like a charm.

As for the valve at the bottom of the 5 gallon bucket, I have a 1/2" uniseal with a piece of pipe with a ball valve to fill up my top off container and water change bucket. I have my water container on my tool box so gravity does the work of moving the water.

Yeah I don't have the option of gravity. I was thinking I would use a water pump plugged into my RKE for the fuge refil and I was thinking I could put another ball valve in the lid of my bucket and sel my bucket lid. Then when I want change over water I first opens the air valve I installed in the lid and then open the valve for the changeover water. I'm hoping the air valve will be enough pressure to force the water through the hose to fill my bucket. Then close them when water is no longer neede

Back