Rotofest or DT? What the Difference??

Aries85

Reefing newb
So tomorrow I have to head on over to the LFS and I have some questions for everyone. Now we have corals in the tank and we feed them DT's about 2-3 times per week. Now here is my question. I was going to get them something like Rotifest just to switch up there diet for a little. Would they eat just like they do the DT? Also would anything else in the tank be inclined to eat this as well? Thanks for advice.

I think there is still some debate if phytoplankton(DT stuff) actually is used by corals.I do believe it feeds the fauna(pods,micro organisms,feather duster worms)that feed the corals.I use it sparingly about once a week if at all.

Now I do think rotifers(micro animals,zooplankton) will benefit corals.

Ok thanks Reef. Thats the kind of the advice I was looking for. I mean the corals in my tank are doing fine with the DTs, but I was going to switch it up for them for a while.

It never hurts to try different things. Honestly, I've tried half a dozen different types of coral food, and can't say that I ever noticed a difference. More so than feeding, water quality and lighting seem to be more important factors for coral growth and health.

Back