rubiconkids new 75g tank

rubiconkids

Reefing newb
Well I guess we have been biten with the bug so here is some pics of the tank only thing we have in it right now is the saltwater mixed with RO water. We have a Marineland pro series power filter, heater and just a regular light for now. We need everything else so Any suggestion on what type protein skimmer, lights, etc. to get would be great. .Here is a pic of the tank so far.

Attachments

• 100_2659.jpg
    100_2659.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 264
Not a bad start.
Are you planning on a reef,fish only,or fish and live rock?
BTW,welcome to the site.

Welcome to the site. I really like the stand. Nice tank size to start with. As for skimmers most like Octopus and for lights T5 once you start wanting corals. The lights you have now should work for fish only with LR.

It looks good! Like Piggy said, you will want to get a protein skimmer and lights eventually. Protein skimmer should come first, especially if you start stocking a moderate amount of fish. Since your tank isn't drilled, you'll want to look at HOB (Hang On Back) skimmers. The best brand of HOB skimmers that's affordable right now are Octopus. For lights, I recommend getting a set of T5s. They will allow you to keep any corals you want.

Back