sailfin tand being a bully

TRAUMA

Reefing newb
So I find out my sailfin tang is bulling my yellow tang. Yesterday they were buddies hanging out and now they are not. My sailfin already harrased my new flame angel to death last week. I noticed this right before I was on my way out to work. So I turned off the tank lights and when I get home I will redo the rocks. Any othe segestions to help. the sailfine and foxface or the biggest fish in the tank.

+2 chuck If you could catch him, you could also try the time-out method of sticking him in the sump :D Try the mirror trick, too.

You've got two Zebrasoma tangs that were added at different times so there is definitely going to be some sparring

My tangs beat the hell out of my Achilles until I took my wife's mirror and taped it to the outside of the tank - that seemed to work pretty well

So another +1 for the mirror trick

yes the angel did die I only had him for 24 hours. when i pulled him out he had nip marks on his tail fin. I was verry sad I wanted a flame angel so bad. I think next time I will get a larger angel. I will def try the mirror. Will placing the tang in the sump stress him out and if I place him in the sump how long do I leave him in the sump.

Back