Salt Levels

putter

Reefing newb
How quickly can I raise salts levels safely?? My ATO system decieded to syphon from the barrel and dropped salt levels to 1.020, I have a few days before I leave on vacation and would really like to get the levels back to 1.023/24. Would it be safe to raise them that much in 3 days?

yup. add .01 per day. make an amount of water (half gallon or so) with a good scoop of salt and wait til it is all dissolved and add it to the tank.

-Doc

Thanks Doc, I am doing a water change on Wed anyhow, just before we get on the plane, anyhow I will add some salt kicker tomorrow and Tues as well.

When you do your water change, just add new water with a higher salinity. You can also top off evaporated water with saltwater instead of freshwater.

That's kinda what the plan is Biff, just wanted to be sure I wasn't going to hurt anything by raising the levels that fast :) and rather than using what I have made up for the water change I will just mix a couple high salt solutions to add for top off in the next couple days and then adjust what is left on Wed, hope it works out to what I need, if not it will be close :)

Last edited:
Back