salt ?

I am using it now. I've only done 2 water changes with it so far though, so I can't say I've used it long enough to see any differences in my tank. My LFS stopped carrying other brands of salt and now only carries this one, and only uses it in their store. They said it's the best salt they've ever carried. I think maybe they made a deal with that company?? :lol: :dunno:

This is the company that David Saxby owns Biff....I think this is probably all very high quality stuff..I haven't it used it though...looks like it's for the discriminating reefer.

My LFS's carry garbage and mid level stuff.

I started using it when I started up again after the tank drain. Haven't been using it long enough either, only about 7-8 weeks now. I ordered it on line so it was a lot with the shipping. Hope it will be worth it.

I started using it when I started up again after the tank drain. Haven't been using it long enough either, only about 7-8 weeks now. I ordered it on line so it was a lot with the shipping. Hope it will be worth it.

How much was it online? SEA sells it for $80 a bucket. That is INSANE, IMO. If it is cheaper online, I will order it online. You know if you order salt from Drs. F&S, shipping is a flat $7?

My LFS carries either expensive salt or crap salt. So I went with expensive.

This area is one of the most expensive places to live, so expensive salt is $110 per bucket. Although this bucket makes more-- 225g of water at 1.026, which is a damn heavy bucket. oh well. $80 around here would be a good middle ground!

FWIW I pay $49. for the 200g bucket of ReefCrystals (orange bucket)..I don't know if you guys have used it or not, but my parameters are always spot on....So over all I've been happy with it. On the other hand, I've never used anything else to compare it to.

I've been using ReefCrystals for over a year now and have no complaints either.There seems to be quite a few complaints about RC on other forums though.

i was wondering if anyone has used this from (D-D the aquarium solutions) ? iv never heard of it before and one of the aquarium store i get corals from swears bye it iv never heard of it was wondering what people thought about it thanks for the info

I just started using it as to I am in the same spot as Biff. My LFS stoped with the salt I was using and at my LFS its $60 for the 5gal bucket that makes 120+ gal of water. But then again I do get a Marine discount of 15% on top of any sales. As I just used it for my last water change a few days ago. i dont think i will see a change until probably well in to a month or 2 of using it.

It's all I have used in my 75 since the start. Before all my corals died off, due to my ammonia spike, all of my corals were open much more than usual. But I don't really know if its quite worth the 80 bucks, sometimes 90 including the shipping. I know brock uses seachem, and thats cheaper so I am going to try that instead most likely. Just because of the cost factor

Oh I forgot to mention, In the link you posted, the chart showing cal levels magnesium and alk, etc. is actually correct. My calcium was at about 430-440

How much was it online? SEA sells it for $80 a bucket. That is INSANE, IMO. If it is cheaper online, I will order it online. You know if you order salt from Drs. F&S, shipping is a flat $7?

Seriously? I went to go order it about a month ago and it had a little air plane next to it...

So I ended up buying some Kent Marine Reef Salt from my LFS...

Back