Sand For Yellow Watchman Goby

u need enough sand for the goby and shrimp to dig thats fine but u have to make sure that there is enough hiding places beacause if theres not enough hiding places the goby will get stressed and die i have about 1 1/2 in of sand in my tank and my goby is happy as she could be

Ok. I think I may add some more. I put my rock on top of the sand right? I've seen some sites that say to put it on the glass and put the sand around it.

NOOOOOOO

The rock goes on the glass then you put sand around it.
If the rocks on top of the sand.Then the water flow along with borrowing fish and inverts will undermine it and cause a rock slide.A slide in a tank,could bust the glass.

I put my rocks on 2" pvc couplers that are drilled to let the sand in. This way the sand dwellers don't get squished by the rocks if they should cause a land slide like Yote said. Before the clown fish moved most of my sand to one side of the tank everything was hidden.

Yes, My female is about 4' long and she will fan her tail and blow it all over the place. At one point there was glass on one side and almost all the sand was on the other half. She won't stop until she has a clean floor. Women go figure.

Back