Schools

Joneskirby

Reefing newb
I'm looking for some cool schooling fish for my 90 gal and also my sons biocube hqi 29 gal. Any ideas? I know there is a good selection. I would like to narrow it down .

The most popular schooling fish are probably chromis, cardinal fish, and anthias. For a 29 gallon tank, you could keep a pair of cardinals (they tend to stick together like a school), but it's really not large enough for a school of anything.

Several types of anthias could be kept in a 90 gallon tank, and I have a small school of chromis in my 90. Chromis are pretty and cheap. Anthias can be difficult to keep, and are more expensive. But so beautiful.

Chromis are fun to watch. I have a school of 7 in my 180 and the are constantly in a group swimming all over the place. Plus they shimmer a blueish green in the light. Great addition to a large tank.

I ended up getting 5 green cromis which are schooling in my tank. They look pretty cool. Just waiting for them to work their way to the front. Decided on no school for 29 and ended up finding a great looking helfrich's goby for his for 50 bucs. Pricey but a good deal. Thanks for the advice

I love the Helfrichs. I wish I could afford one right now, but Im poor for the time being. Sigh. Oh well. Theres other fish I like more, thankfully.

Theyre fun to watch after they get used to their new home. Enjoy. :)

Here you go ErinCahir

Attachments

• IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0162.jpg
    IMG_0162.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 235
Yes. They cruise the whole tank. Especially now since I added the helfrich. You see the other ones all the time. It's cool to see something different

Back