scooter blennnie

jam

Reefing newb
how hard is a scooter blennie to keep? the guy at the lfs said they are pretty easy and will eat frozen brine shrimp that falls to the sandbed, i looked online and some places say they are easy, some say they are difficult, anybody have any experience with them?thanks

Ask the LFS to feed the scooter to make sure its eating frozen.If you get one that does then they are easy.Feeding it mysis and vitamin enhanced sinking pellets make better food than brine which has little nutritional value.

I had one for a long time and it did great until i put a lawnmower blenny in then the scotter was gone. and i tried it again and the samething happened it was there for a couple days then i saw the arrow crab carying it around eating it. i thought they were easy but no other blennies can be with it.

I have read the books too and they eat copepods all day long but I have 3 of them in my 50 gallon tank and they eat pellets, live/frozen brine shrimp! Make sure you dont get two males because they will have a showdown in the aquarium. they are easy to care for.

Last edited:
Mr. Scooty and the lawnmower are getting along just fine in my 55gal...the lawnmower is easily twice the size of the scooter. Do these 2 species typically not get along?

Back