Sea anemone help

blando

Reefing newb
Hey guys my sea anemone looked fine yesterday today notice it was inside which i seen before but now its coming out all shriveled and kinda green on some tentacles? Is it dieing

I doubt that it's dying. Anemones can be temperamental at times! Mine shrivels up every 3 months or so. How long have you had it? Anemones usually don't do well in tanks that are not at least 1 year old.

had him id say couple weeks i wonder if its because my light fixture has two settings i can have both bulbs on which are fluorescent and another is like bright i had both on and he blooms guess lol.. i switched to just fluorescent and i notice that today.. u think its because the other light was not on?

cuz now i changed it back so where it is both and now it is starting to come out and not green anymore little brown and white i guess but starting to come out.

You may be on to something there...it may be trying to suck up some light while the getting is good. What kind of nem is it? Some nems need more light than others to properly feed.

ok what are you using for lighting?
i have noticed as long as you have a 10k and a atinic bulb in the lighting than anemonies will live with no prob.

Back