Sea-Clone Skimmer Problem

Epos

Reefing newb
I recently recieved a Sea-Clone (100 I believe) skimmer to put on my new setup. I'm having 2 problems with it. The first problem I'm having with it, and the one that most concerns me, is that it is filling my tank with tons of very fine bubbles; I'm not sure if that's a bad thing or not but I would like to get rid of them when I put rock and coral in. The second problem I'm having is that the powerhead makes a horendous amount of noise when the air hose is put in (this may have to do with the fact that the air hose is kind of lodged in the intake because the part that holds the air hose in didn't come with the skimmer). This is a problem because the tank is in my bedroom and may or may not keep me up tonight. All advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure about this but it is my understanding that the air intake is what controls the amount of bubbles. When my prizm skimmer was blowing bubbles, I adjusted the air and it stopped. I wouldn't listen to my advice though, I don't know what I'm doing yet. good luck

Catherine

You'll have those bubbles with the seaclone.I ran one for a year on my 30,and it never did quit producing micro-bubbles.
Is the pump noise coming from the airline being againt the impeller?If it is,that will eventually break the impeller.
Come by the store tomorrow when you get out of school.We might be able to rig you up something.

I have the same skimmer and the same micro bubble problem. Bubbles can be reduced with some fine adjustments. I replaced my air valve with a better brass one which allows for a better range of adjustment. I am also gonna install a much needed sump with bubble trap to try and get rid of all micro bubbles.

Just a reminder, if you use any metal fittings on your equipment, try to make sure that it doesn't touch the water. Metals will leach out into the water, and are fatal to invertebrates, even in small amounts.

i have the same skimmer and it took awhile to figure it out. i have to adjust mine down during feeding and back up after awhile. they arent the best but i got mine for 40 so i got a deal. they are kindof noisy though.

Back