Sea hare question

Bifferwine

I am a girl
I'm afraid that my sea hare is running out of food in my tank (believe it or not) so today my husband asked my LFS about returning him/her tomorrow... My LFS told him that I should wait until all the algae in my tank is gone (it pretty much is) and then a little while longer, as they can live for several weeks without feeding. This way, we can be sure the algae will not come back. I thought this sounded a little fishy... Do any of you think it will be okay for a couple weeks more, or should I take it back tomorrow? I can't find much info on sea hare feeding online... Thanks.

I've been doing that, but I didn't think that nori would be enough, because there is literally no green algae left in my tank.

i have mine in my tank for almost 3 months now without any problems. no green algae but he always look for food i think he eats leftover or something but he is the fatest hare i've seen.

Yeah, mine shoots across the bottom leaving a giant ditch in the sand behind him. Maybe I'll just leave him in with the sea veggies and see how he does. Thanks!

Back