Sea Hare???

SeaBee

Ha Ha Thats Funny!
I got a sea hare today from my bud at the lfs. $20 deposit, $10 credit when you bring him back. Any one ever heard of this?? He said in a few days the hare would be done eating all my algae....?

had one, lasted 3 days and bit the dust. Hated its performance and its look. best of luck to you. I trust longspine urchins. tried and true lawnmowers.

He's a loaner so he goes back in a few. Urchins hurt??? I can get one of those, looks like red spines.

I got a sea hare today from my bud at the lfs. $20 deposit, $10 credit when you bring him back. Any one ever heard of this?? He said in a few days the hare would be done eating all my algae....?

I think that's a smart system! I always tell people to have someone lined up to take their sea hare when it's done in their tank, or make sure you can return it to the store. They are algae eating machines.

That's a cool deal I guess...he will eat your algae quickly, so that's cool that you can bring him back for credit. Although my lfs gave me a full credit when I returned mine back, for a cleaner shrimp.

I've been getting that long burgandy red hair crap with little air bubbles in it, I blast it off with the pantented Thacke-baster Tank Cleaning system (soon to be on TV with Sully) and it is always back. So I bitch to him and he says try this guy out, and bring him back. We'll see.

It's all about the acclimation. Sea Hare's are EXTREMELY sensitive to SG levels. If it adjusts to your tank, it'll take off. You'll see algae one day, lights out, then no algae the next! :shock: Their amazing. Mine bit the dust because it ran outta food and starved :frustrat: Good luck to ya!

I had one that would go through algae like a cow through a corn patch.It would even eat cyano.
I lost the ugly sucker when he fell off the glass and landed in my anemone.

Back