Sea whip?

Eissie

Reefing newb
How hard are these things to keep and what are the requirements for them? I have read they are easy and they are hard. Just wondering the true nature of them.

Depends on the sea whip, which are more commonly known as gorgonians. Generally, the more brightly colored it is, the harder it is to keep.

These ones arent photosynethic and are a real challenge to keep, because each poly needs to be fed
Saltwater Aquarium Corals for Marine Reef Aquariums: Yellow Finger Gorgonian
this one also come in a variety of different colors

This one is a little easier to keep, its is kinda photosynethic but it still needs to be fed
Green Lace Gorgonian

I dont think i would recommend either of these types to most reefer, but then there is this type that is very easy to keep:
Purple Tree Gorgonian

I have that in my tank and grows well without much fuss. I dont know how long you want to wait, but when it warms up in the spring I would be happy to frag you a piece and send it to you.

Well thank you little_fish!! Wonder what the shipping would be on that. Do you think it would be fine in my 29?

Express mail is 47.50 not quite sure how long express takes. That's if it's 5 pounds. I'll check for ups

well, if its warm enough, i think it would be fine with 2 day, but I would have to wait till late april to send it. I wont charge you anything for the frag as long as you promise to give away two frags of the coral before you sell any piece of it.

Cross my heart :3

And its fine to wait til april. I dont have the spare cash to pay you to ship it right now anyway. And it can be my b-day/wedding anniv. present :D

Back