seabee anemony

Kwater

Chill
i have been eyeing them for quite a while. i was just wondering i notice that i have never seen one on the rocks there allays on the sand. would this be a good anenomey for a reef tank considering it will not crowl up on the rocks and sting coral. also any other info you have on this anenomey would be great. thanx

As usual, they need intense lighting and stable water conditions. A nem's a nem, there's a certain amount of risk you take when you keep them.

The is no guarantee with anemones. Im assuming since you have SPS corals that you have sufficient lighting and your tank's age is good. If you think you can handle it, go for it.

Risks are if it dies your tank will crash and everything will die. If it gets to close to corals, it might sting.

Also, there is no guarantee that clowns will host it.

Now its up to you to make the decision. Let us know what you decide. :Cheers:

i have never seen one on the rocks there allays on the sand. would this be a good anenomey for a reef tank considering it will not crowl up on the rocks and sting coral. also any other info you have on this anenomey would be great. thanx
It's 1 of the most sensitive and hardest to keep anemones. They need MH lighting and a mature, established system. And they should be on the rockwork.

Here's mine.
sebae_11-09.jpg

sebae_11-18-09.jpg

sadly my computer will not let me view pics but im shore youre nem liiks great. just wondering though how do u keep yours in your tank. im asuming you have corals aswell. and of course the sand is on the bottom of the tank. would the anenomy get enought light down there. 2 daylight t5 lights and 1 atinic t5 light. and only on the right side of the tank a 175 watt 1400 k mh. on the right side of the tank thats about enoughf light for anything right. ????

any rose bubble tip anenome or green bubble tip has the less harmful sting out of all anenome, i keep rose and green bubble tips and there all around zoos mushrooms and leathers with no harm. They will harm sps though, i also keep a H. Magnifica which is got one of the most difficult anenome and it touches a leather and mushrooms near by without any harm.

Seems like anenome do ok around softies just not lps or sps.

+1 ccapt & dfrench

Bulb anemones tend to stay put the best. But all anemones will be a risk in a reef tank.

Last edited:
thats the reason i got rid of my green bta because it killed one of my sps. but u guys are saying it wont harm lps of soft corals. sutch as frogspawns bubble corals ect. thats strange. but sadly the mh is only on the sps side of my tank.

mine don't hurt my soft corals, some lps pack a bigger sting like galaxia coral or torch,hammer, frogspawn other like candy canes or brain corals seemed to get irritated by anenome.

I wouldnt put LPS or SPS near an anemone. most leathers will tolerate an anemone, mushrooms (which are in the same family) will usually be fine as well.

Thats why I got rid on my BTA.It wiped out over $700 worth of SPS colonies ( not frags ) in one night.Just because I changed where 1 powerhead was pointed.

Back