SeaClone Modifications

New Mod

i found a new way to modify a seaclone skimmer. :bounce:

1. put one of these on and which ever line you put the air hose on put the end cap on the other end of this and you can adjust the air flow so much better
http://www.petsmart.com/global/prod...<>ast_id=2534374302023693&bmUID=1135610400420

2. take a circle sponge and use a zip tie and zip the sponge to the output make sure that half the sponge is in the water and half is is outside the water and your bubbles will be drastically reduced

I did all the recommended mods on my Sea Clone, and it went from being a really really bad skimmer to just a really bad skimmer. Recently I got an Aqua C Urchin Pro and was just amazed at the volumes of foam I collected that first day, and every day since.

neuroslicer said:
I did all the recommended mods on my Sea Clone, and it went from being a really really bad skimmer to just a really bad skimmer. Recently I got an Aqua C Urchin Pro and was just amazed at the volumes of foam I collected that first day, and every day since.

Yea they are better than nothing and maybe the prizm, but I wouldn't waste my money on one.

Yes, as soon as I find a home to put it in. This is a really old post of mine, Feb. 2005. I still have all of my equipment, tanks and lights. Just need to settle in one spot first. :)

Back