Sebae Anemone Questions!

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
OK, We placed him yesterday, and he kinda got himself comfortable in a nice nook. He was there all day, but as soon at the lighting went off a few minutes ago, he curled up in himself, kinda like a clam. Is this normal? I'm really worried about killing this one....lol

Cool, another question. He is pretty bleached, which I learned is not a good thing. However, already he seems to be a creamier colour, is this possible that quickly, or maybe just his appearance under new lighting?

Most seba anemones are a very light cream color to begin with.From looking at the pics you posted,it looks fairly healthy to me.
Just be sure to feed it every 3 to 4 days and it'll be fine.You can actually bring anemones back from being bleached pure white by feeding them every day.But your dont look like its bleached to me.

I hope it does well for you.They are super difficult anemone to keep alive long term.White/cream color with purple/pink tips is the color I've seen the most.

I bought mine about 5 yrs ago from Petco...of all places. It was about the size of a silver dollar and pure white. FWIW, I never fed it anything.

This pic shows about as much as it closes up. When fully expanded it's the size of a large dinner plate.
clowns-sebae.jpg

Back