Seeking filtration advice

I've heard that about them. So far, it's doing well, but I think I may just order new lights today. I was looking at a dual T5 HO which would be 2x54w, but I think I may just cough up the dough and go for the quad T5 HO 4x54w to be safe. Would the 4x54w be enough? It would be 2x 10k and 2x actinic.

I was looking at a dual T5 HO which would be 2x54w, but I think I may just cough up the dough and go for the quad T5 HO 4x54w to be safe. Would the 4x54w be enough? It would be 2x 10k and 2x actinic.

The 4 bulb should be enough...

Make sure you get a return pump powerful enough to give you the right amount of flow.

Even if you have a powerful return pump you're still going to need power head(s). What is your flow right now?

I want to thank you all for the advice, it's all been very helpful. At least I now know what I need to do to get this tank up to spec and keep the fish happy. Thanks again.

Ok, a 4 bulb 216w light is on it's way - 2x54w 12k and 2x 54w actinic w/LED lunar lighting. It should be here early next week. An additional Koralia Evolution 750 should be here on Thursday as well. That should take care of my lighting and circulation. After that, I'll be starting on that sump, possibly next week. Thanks again for all the input everyone.

Back