setting up 29 gallon frag tank need T5 light setup

been a week now nitrates are at 20ppm slight trace of nitrites and ammonia ph is at 8.1 phosphates are low dosing everyday with saltwater bio zyme and cycle is going quick with a little help from stress zyme also. Got 2 green chromis last night and 10 nassarus snails and added them and all alive this morning and lookin good. Added some critter from my 125 like bristle worms, spaghetti worms some live sand and live rock from other tank to seed this tank with isopods and copepods. So far so good.

everything checks out good today tons of pods from live rock i got out of other tank added some banded trochus snails, 2 conchs, and a banded pipefish and he is eating good. Love the t5's now just got to get some corals in another week or two after things stay stable.

Ok, I am confused. So are the T5's the way to go as far as price? I thought you weren't able to keep SPS with T5's.

I am at the point where I need new lights.

Sorry for the hi-jack.

you don't have to have t5's some people like them cause they have good par don't need same watts as pc lights and halides cheaper bulbs, less heat if you look on second page i got pics of a buddies tank in rc our club is slash he has t5's on that tank and 2 pics are one year apart plus the fact of a calc reactor he added also. He has mostly sps and some lps.

updated pics

IM000925.JPG

IM000928.JPG

IM000924.JPG

just hooked a buddy up with some pom pom xenia, kenya trees, pink star polyps, frogspawn, and green eyed zoos. Got about 15 heads of hammer and frogspawn. Just got a yellow fiji leather that was dying at pet store so i got it cheap so i can save it after one day polyps started extending.

in this tank i have a black blenny, 2 bar gobies, dragon gobie(sand sifter), six line wrasse, i sand sifter cucumber, 16 banded trochus snails, 6 astrea snails, 16 nassarus snails, keyhole limpet, 1 turbo snail, sally lightfoot crab, 2 very small rock urchins, 3 1 1/2 inch crocea clams, lost one maxima. Big cleaning crew for small tank but had a big algae problem during cycling and after looking alot better now.

Back