Shark Nose Goby

PRC

Stop Quoting Me!
How come I'd never heard of these little guys before? I bought one a couple of days ago, basically as a swimming member of my CUC. After a day, he got right to work he attaches himself to my fish when they swim by (kinda the same idea as a cleaner shrimp)...

the only reason I figure I haven't heard anything about them and their usefulness is because myabe they're not as useful as I think they are.

Either way, he's a cool little fish and I think it's cool to see my foxface swimming around with another fish stuck to him...I think the FF likes it too. He's swimming around the tank pretending he's a great white. :D

I picked mine up for $20. and he's tiny maybe 1"...but I guess their purpose is to eat parasites off of your main fish...If $20. keeps my other fish healthy I'm in.

Those are cleaner gobies. Those are actually very common in the hobby. My LFS almost always has them. They are a much better choice than the similar looking cleaner wrasses, which rarely live long in captivity.

I've always known them as cleaner gobies. Cool little creatures, but tiny as heck. I used to have 2 of them(a big no-no), they will fight till the death.

Isn't it funny how many different names these fish can have in different parts of the country.

Back