Shipping frag

AdeptMrSniffles

I have a Blue Thumb
So I'm wondering what all needs to be done to make sure that this frag that I'll be shipping out will survive a couple of days in transit. Would 2 days shipping be too long? It's a hairy/frilly mushroom, so it's not sensitive like others would be.

I'm thinking that I should feed the shroom to make sure it has some energy in transit. And of course I'm gonna make sure it's packed securely. Anything else?

If it is attached to a piece of rock, then I'd rubber band it to a piece of styrofoam so it won't get crushed by itself in transit.

The hand warmers would be dead within 2 days...It'd probably be a block of ice by day 2. I'd be worried about even shipping hardy corals 2-day in the winter. I think it'd still need to go overnight, because that's how long the hand warmers will last.

I agree that if it`s going somewhere cold then it wont survive two days. I dont ever order nothing in the winter. Too much bad stuff can happen.

Update: I'm fixing to ship the shroom tom. up to Smitty in Chicago. Weather says it's supposed to be in the 70's. Although that's just the high for the day, lows are still in the 50's. Should I ship next day or would it survive the 2 day you think?

next day next day next day

I bought some toe warmers, but the package says they can heat up to 96 +. Where should I put it? One side of the warmer is stick so I can stick it to something. I'm shipping the frag in a bag regular LFS bag, inside a tupperware, surrounded by packing popcorn. Where should I put the heater? I was thinking of cutting a piece of cardboard, placing the warmer underneath one side and putting the tupperware on top of the cardboard. Sound good?

Back