short tubie things

PsiStar

Reefing newb
These are next on the list of unknowns. The length is ~3/8". They came out on the live rock several days after introduction a few months ago. Can't tell if there are more now than 3 months ago.

Attachments

• 20130707_180407.jpg
    20130707_180407.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 341
I looked into vermetid snails a little more. Two anecdotal take aways; reducing feeding may reduce the population as they are detritus feeders. The function of the webs is to catch particles floating in the water. Less food goes in, less food floating by. Second, some notice decreased population as the tank ages. So reducing the amount of food given might not have anything to do with the reduction ... or it might. Guess I'll just wait.

I looked into vermetid snails a little more. Two anecdotal take aways; reducing feeding may reduce the population as they are detritus feeders. The function of the webs is to catch particles floating in the water. Less food goes in, less food floating by. Second, some notice decreased population as the tank ages. So reducing the amount of food given might not have anything to do with the reduction ... or it might. Guess I'll just wait.

Mature tanks have more effective competition for detritus and floating foods.
So the vermetids end up being close to the last in line and their population decreases as a result.

Back