shrimp died

Holby_cat

Reefing newb
Im not sure what happend 2 of the 3 peppermint shrimp I have just died.I did a water change yesterday and woke up to dead shrimp my fish and the other shrimp are doing fine did a water test and everything looks good I dont get it. Salt level and temp were fine also.

You're sure it is a complete body? Shrimp will molt often, leaving a complete exoskeleton behind that can look just like the living shrimp.

no it was not a molt it was the whole shrimp they did just go through a molt I wonder if they were stressed from that then i changed the water on them?

It says in your descrpition your tank has been up since feb 3rd 2010. If so.... I agree with the stress, but also... a tank that new is not ready for inverts yet, as they can be hard to keep. IMO but maybe i missed something

so it was established? did you add any new rock or sand? have you tested your water lately? did the shrimp come with the tank, or did you add them after you got it? The reason I ask is because invertebrates can be sensitive to accilimation and do best with a long slow-drip acclimation process.

Even if the tank was 5 years old, you moved it recently. I'd guess that you had a mini cycle at the very least and probably lost the shrimp as a result of water conditions. I'd suggest that you take things slow. Test your parameters diligently and not add more livestock until your tank is more stable. Patience is key in this hobby.

Back