Sick Anemone

VitoO

Reefing newb
I have a bubble tip that I introduce about 3 weeks ago. Its been doing well until yesterday. It moved from one end of the tank to the other. As the day went on he got worse looking. deflated and little movement. Then starting to look better as the night went on. This morning looking bad again. Still alive but I have my doubts its going to survive. Currently inflated about a third of the size. Should I give in and remove it? I'm concerned if it does die I wont be around to remove it before causes other damage. Help......

Water temp 82... The nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, and ph all are with in range. The one concern I had is the water being to warm. It has gotten up to 86 but averages 82. I have another bubble tip that has split and doing great.

Water temp 82... The nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, and ph all are with in range. The one concern I had is the water being to warm. It has gotten up to 86 but averages 82. I have another bubble tip that has split and doing great.
What range are your trates trites & ammonia in exactly?

I have kept a lot of anemones...not always successful. I bought a bleached bta that was 8" around open and within weeks it shrunk to 1" and has slowly regained its color over the last 2 years. So they can be hardy with the right conditions.

What kind of lighting and flow do you have? I echo the requests for water params too.

Will it eat some mysis if it is open?

Back