sick clownfish

Marinne13

Northern Reefer
I have had this common clown now for 2 months, eating fine and acting normal the whole time and now all of a sudden she won't eat and is swimming carelessly it seems

no signs of parasites, no spots, fins are in perfect shape, no cloudy eye, not breathing hard

I have no idea what is wrong with her, my other clown and fire fish are fine...both eating and acting normal

I did get a bicolor blenny 2 weeks ago and has now been MIA for a week...he was eating fine and acting normal then bam he was gone

anyone have any ideas what is going on??? yes my parameter's are in check, all coral and inverts are thriving

There are more parasites than the common ones that wold always show a sign (e.g., ich). It is highly suspicious that you added a new fish recently and now disappeared and another not doing well. Is there any other fish in tank? Beyond chaecking all parameters, there would be nothing more you can do until you get some indication. Try garlic to entice eating

yes like I said above, there is another male clown and fire fish which both are acting completely normal and eating...I have zero ammonia, nitrites, nitrates

ph is 8.0
Mag is 1400
Cal is 410
Alk is 9.1
Salinity is 1.025
temp is 79

also, she swims up to the food like she is excited then doesn't eat it...swims around the tank but seems to be weak as sometimes she just stops swimming and the current kind of takes her then it's back to swimming again

maybe swim bladder?

Try and remove into a QT tank to treat with broad spectrum antibiotics? Also, for food, you should pick up a bottle of Vitamins and Garlic for the food. Soak the food in it before feeding. With help boost their immune systems, and will entice picky eaters

I have bioviv garlic...dont need it as all my fish eat like pigs to include her last week

I dont think it is bacterial, almost like she had a seizure and is now messed up nerve wise

It's not so much needing it, as it's just a good thing to mix in. The Vitamins will help boost their immune systems. That in turn will help them beat off many problems naturally. Can you snap a video of the fish acting weird? Might help a little bit with trying to ID a problem

I tried getting a video but I only have my phone and it won't email it to me because I need at least a 1 minute video...she swims fine for a while then it's like she gets lazy and goes vertical with her head facing down...after this she will stop swimming and let the current take her for about 2 seconds then it's back upright

maybe she got spooked and ran into something? she was a little spaz at times

she is still alive...tries to eat but spits it out

she likes to swim by the fire fish, gets really close then goes limp so to speak and just floats there

I moved her to a 55G FOWLR system...only have a sleeper head Goby in there now with little to no CUC

she almost seems blind at times

I am pretty sure it's swim bladder or she hit her head on something...she literally can't swim normal now, always vertical and can't control where she goes

luckily my sleeper head Goby is a gentle giant and just ignores her when she flies into him, I think she is a lost cause at this point

Back