nitrite 0
nitrate 5.0
125g
125lbs sand
pro prizm
eco jagger heater
1200 maxie jet
70lbs livw rock

I just added my first fish. 2 false perculas. I put them in on the Nov 11. The first day I put them in they swam back and forth acrossed the tank like they were racing or maybe pacing. In freshwater fish this is known as flashing. It usually means there is something wrong. Is this the same for saltwater? After I turned the lights out they settled down in a corner. The next day the pacing was not as bad but I still haven't seen them eat. They go to the top and pick at the food but they spit it out. I am feeding marine flakes by tetra. I acclimated them for an hour using the drip method and I didn't add them to he tank until the gravity was the same. Are they just getting us to there new surroundings?

Try a little live brine shrimp, or, frozen brine shrimp. if you use frozen thaw out 1st and drain liquid off then with either soak in a vitamin i.e. selcon ect. and feed very lightly. they should start eating, and if so very gradually mix in a very small amount of flake with the brine and gradually reduce the brine until they are on flake size of food makes a difference also if the flake is too big they may not take it. a varied diet is also recommended. you did not say if the fish were tank raised or wild. if tank raised find out what their diet consisted of, if wild, the brine should at least tell you if they are going to feed. at three days you are still ok. they should be feeding though within 5 to 7 days or you deffinitely will have a problem. Hope this helps. do not feed too much, very small amounts and 3 to 4 times a day to start. they may be use to feeding at only certain times also. hard to say. good luck keep us posted.

Back