six line wrasse questions

jeppun21

Reefing newb
was wondering what you guys thoughts are on a six line wrasse was planning on adding him in my 20 gallon nano tank. I currently have 1 ocellaris clown fish, 1 neon goby, 1 shrimp goby, 1pistol shrimp, 3 nassarious snails, 4 hermits.. Are they aggressive and do you think it would be safe to add him to my tank?

thanks
jep

You have a 14 gallon biocube, that might be a wee bit small for him (should be in a 30 gal) as he's a bit aggressive and those gobys might get bullied. I looked into the 6 line when I had my 14 gallon but decided to pass....

I actually have a 20 gallon nano tank 3 weeks cycling with just live rock and sand was planning on moving all my livestock there.. Used some of my tank water and LR from my biocube.. Do you think 20 is still too small?

14. 20. Small for an aggressive fish. For every 1 person who says they're 6 line isn't aggressive there are 4 who say they are. And, I guarantee, those who have a decently behaved 6 line have a tank over 30 gallons as recommended for them.

hmm I see... I think I'll stay away from the wrasse.. Do you have any suggestions for another kind of fish for a 20 gallon tank?

well I had a 20 gallon fresh water tank that I had for 3 year.. Only had a spotted African leaf fish and a couple nerite snails...3 months ago my leaf fish died so I just converted it to a saltwater tank..

At least it would be easy to catch in such a small tank. It was the hardest to remove from my 80gal and it was empty with like 5 inches of water.

Just be aware that in a 20,if the six-line does get aggressive,then the other fish have less room to get away.As for the odds of a six-line becoming aggressive,i'd say it's a 50/50 shot.:D

Back