six line wrassy or Dottyback next

Nimboli12

Reefee
Ok. I now have a Chromis, Cotal Beauty, Damsel (Im moving the Damsel to anothe tank cuz he goes after new fish & is a brat.) Watchman Gobby, 2 cleaner shrimps and 1 ittle red and white starfish.

Id like to add a six line wrasse or, bicolor Dottyback as my last added fish. Does the Dottyback go after cleaner shrimps?

Or what about 2 clowns? I have a 60 gal. w/soft coral.

I would think you could add either the 6 line or the dottyback, and a pair of clowns (although not all at the same time, of course). If adding the 6 line, you could add the clowns after, but if you add a dottyback, it should be added after the clowns. The clowns should be added as a pair. 6 lines can be brats too, but not nearly as bratty as some dottybacks, or the damsel for that matter!

I don't think the dottyback would bother your shrimp. I've heard 6 lines can on occasion take a swipe at them, but mine never did. He would haze new fish for a day or two, until he got finned while hazing the wrong (poisonous) new addition. But after a couple days he lost interest and went back to business as usual.

Back