Skimmer and Lighting?

Jason In The 561

Reefing newb
Hey everyone

I'm looking for advice on choosing the right equipment for my system. After talking with other living reef member I decided to go with a 72 gallon bow-front which I just purchased form my LFS. Now I was looking for some input on 1. a protein skimmer and 2. the light system. I want to start with a few fish and corals but I would ultimately like to fill the tank to full capacity. For filtration I planed on somewhere between 120-150 lb of live rock a few power heads and a skimmer. I'm open to any suggestions on a skimmer. I'm willing to buy quality but I'm also not trying to break the bank. For lighting Iv seen other reefers with my tank size use a 4' 6 bulb fixture and have great results. Iv been looking at this one in particular

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Tek-Light-T5-System-Bulb/dp/B002C08ATY]Amazon.com: Tek-Light T5 System - 4', 6 Bulb: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

I'm open to any advice and furthermore greatly appreciate some. Thanks guys.

The skimmer is one of the most important components to a system, probably second only to your lights. I'm on my third skimmer (upgrades) and should have just saved money and bought a higher end one to start. There are a lot of good brands out there, but a Cone skimmer is the highest tech right now.

Personally, I like the Vertex Brand, but there are a number of good high end brands.

Back