Skimmer choice.

Muck

Reefing newb
So, im planning on getting rid of my prizm for a little bit better HOB skimmer..

I have pretty much narrowed it down to two based on what i see most of the experienced reefers here suggest.

BH-1000 seems to be a commonly suggested one, so thats one option, the other is a BH-90. the 90 seems fairly new so idk if there is too many here with experience on it. If so, which of those 2 would you guys suggest?

im also open to other suggestions apart from those 2 if you have one that u think is much better than reef octopus brands. I've been going back and forth on whether to get a sump or not. my tank is pretty stable and is a year or two old. i just took the canister filter off of it today (after a lot of online research, apparently that thing accomplishes very little). So i am definitely upgrading my skimmer, and maybe ill do a sump if necessary but im kinda in limbo...

the reef octopus skimmers have the best HOB brand, all the other skimmers will need to be in the sump. But some other good brands are the bubble king, SWC

yea im pretty much sold on the RO brand, just trying to determine whether i should get the bh-1000 or the fairly newer bh-90 (both rated for around same gallons, but two different designs)

Back