Skimmer for 25 gallon tank.

matthew1048

Wurd to ya motha
Anybody know of a good quality skimmer for a 25 gallon tank??? I just recently acquired one, and I want to set it up...any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

aqua c remora, and they have a nano version to. i'm using prizm deluxe skimmer for my 29 gallon. Use the big prizm pro and remora pro on my 125 gallon.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Its about dang time.!!!!
I know someone gonna bash me(Biff)but the smaller Prizm will work or an Aqua C Nano for HOB.If your setting up a sump then you can go with a bigger skimmer.

I was thinking of using this on a frag tank(29GAL.) in the future.never use it but may try.....ViaAqua Multi-Skimmer - Marine Depot - Marine and Reef Aquarium Super Store
It reminds me of a Skilter which scares me though but it looks like it would save some space.

ROFL, yeah it is about time Dominick....LOL!!!!

I'll be sure to check out both of those, thanks for the reccomendations!!!

You can also get a coralife super skimmer for about 80 bucks.
Thats what im running on my 55.
You fixin to get even more addicted,lol.
Congratulations and have a blast with it.

I run a mesh modded prizim deluxe on my 30 gal reef and I love it. If you go with prizim I would mod it, it runs ALOT better that way.

need to make some corrections here. Just ran some calculations on the dimensions of that 25, turns out I was misinformed....it's not a 25....it's a 10...

10s ok.You just have to keep a closer eye on your peremeters.Plus when your ready for the 75,you have a great little refuge thats done ready and the 75 will be alot easier.

yote said:
10s ok.You just have to keep a closer eye on your peremeters.Plus when your ready for the 75,you have a great little refuge thats done ready and the 75 will be alot easier.

Or...a great frag tank.Since its a 10, I would definitely check into the Aqua C Nano skimmer.

Well folks, I have decided after sleeping on some ideas and becaue I'm an adaptable kinda guy, to make a small change in my plans. Here's the game plan...and a few questions that are kinda drifting away from the topic of this thread...LOL.

I'm figuring on going ahead and buying myself a 29 gallon...I've been told they run around 70ish bucks, so that's not too bad. And since, I believe that if ya want something done right, you should do it yourself, I'm gonna build a stand to house the 29 gallon, and also incorporate enough room under the stand so that a sump can be utilized. May main question is, would I be better off to add in some baffles to the 10 gallon and use it as a sump, or buy one? And later on down the road, when the 75 is set up, I'll use the 29 for one of the many reasons that have been listed in this thread...I can't say for sure what it'll be used for, and for all I know, my ole lady may take it over...but I think the time and money in it well be well invested later on.

And another question that's been bothering me (mainly because I know the least about it) is the whole overflow box topic. I've been to Melev's Reef, and various other DIY sites around the web, and to be honest, I think I'd rather have an internal overflow...my question is just how hard is this to do???

i guess you could make a great sump with your 10g.. i dont know if is hard to make cause i dont have one yet ..but ive seen plans and it doesnt look so dificult..i know youll make wonders with it matt...so good luck..

Make your own then it will be how you want it and about 200.00 cheaper. Its very easy to drill I have drilled two tanks one was tempered and I busted it the other was my 10 gal and I had no problems, also thinner glass is easier to break than drilling thicker glass. You need to get a diamond coated hole drill bit, which can be bought off of ebay for 6.00 with shippng. If you wawnt to drill I can run you through some tips on doing it if you want just let me know. Also you probably dont want to drill the bottom most bottoms are tempered and some sides are so if oyu want to drill make sure before you buy it that the sides are not tempered.

I think I remember reading your thread when you drilled that tempered glass!!! Just out of curiosity, are there any visual indications that would let me know if the glass is temepered??? And thanks for the tips on the thickness of the glass, and were to get a bit!!!! I'll be sure to holler at ya when I get ready to drill!

i dont know in old tanks but ive seen in new ones in a corner that is says "tempered glass"...but i guess not all tank has it..so bobby could give you more info about that..

Even if it says tempered on the bottom dose'nt mean all the pains are tempered. Get the maker of the tanks name and give them a call and they can tell you for sure. I have read ways to tell by using polerized sunglasses and putting a light on the glass, if I remember right you will se flaws in the glas like it kinda broke or something, but I have not tried it myself. Your best bet though is to just call or email the maker of the tank.

Ive not tryed drilling any of mine(yet).But I may eventually,and ive seen it done once.When you go to drilling Matt,Try to stay as close to edge of the pane as you can.The closer to the edge,the stronger the glass.

Back