Skimmer for 40 gallon

clancaster23

Reefing newb
Again, looking at equipment for the 40 gallon. This time, skimmers. I was looking at the Reef Octopus BH 100 that I can find for $120 and I found an eShopps PSK-75H for 150. Basically looking for recommendations on others or if you know where I can find better prices on these two. I want a HoB type right now as I'm not looking to sump right away. Looking for one for this 40 gallon but I may do a swap with the one I have on my 75 gallon if the new one would be better for that. Either way, just looking for the best quality skimmer for the best price. Definitely keeping the limit at $150 max.

Last edited:
I like the reef octopus also but sorry couldn't find it any cheaper then the 120.. 119.95 was the best I could find.. 10 bucks more for the ss( surface skimmer)..

I had the BH-100ss on my 75g, it was a great skimmer and I'd recommend it to anyone.

I bought said skimmer from BL1 and I too love it. I love it so much I went and got one for my 34 gallon! Its quiet and works really well to remove poop!

Im using the Hydor Slim Skim, doing quite a good job actually, no problems, easy, surface skimming, easy to empty.
Hydor Slim Skim Protein Skimmer

Supposed to be a good skimmer for the money, and quiet.

Even mr. saltwater did a review on it and liked it:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA9dDnQbx3s"]‪Mr. Saltwater Tank Reviews the Hydor Slim Skim‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Back