skimmer problems

frugm

Reefing newb
Anyone have any clues as to why my reef octo skimmer would be bubbling up like crazy all of a sudden and keeps over flowing, I haven't touched it or the tank.

Thanks Simon

Anyone have any clues as to why my reef octo skimmer would be bubbling up like crazy all of a sudden and keeps over flowing, I haven't touched it or the tank.

Thanks Simon

What model is it? You may just need to adjust the water level in the skimmer. If you just recently purchased the skimmer there's a period that it takes for them to break in. Once they're good n' wet you need to re adjust the skimmer. Unless, you added chems. to you tank, then that's a whole other story.

Its the BH 100, The power did go out for a little bit gonna try emptying some water out of the chamber tonight and resetting it. Hopefully that helps.

my skimmer goes nuts after a heafty water change. So now I shut it down for a bit after I do maint. on the tank.

yeah I dont know whats up with it, Its stioll foaming like crazy, I'm worried about leaving it alone a day, the cup is filling in one day as opposed to every 3 or 4 days like it used to be.

Nope I don't use conditioners and I usually wash my hands in very hot water before putting them in the tank. its almost like the pump is sucking up too much water, then the over flow, overflows.

okay, do you have a ball valve between your skimmer pump and your skimmer? If not, I'd install one. that way you can cut buck on the water going into your skimmer. that's how I control mine.

is it possible that something got into the outlet of the skimmer and is reducing the flow, and thus causing the pump to push more in than is comming out? algae? a snail?

may be way off base, but its something to check.... and its free! hehehe

Back