Skimmer/Refugium

Its a generic fuge made by child laborers in China.Seriously,the fuge will be fine.They don't have the best customer service and the half off price is a bit of a coy.It always says half off,I seen that up for years on there sight.I believe they charge more for shipping also but it still comes out cheaper than other kits.

If I bought it this is what I would do-Buy a maxijet to replace the generic pump.No way would I risk electricuting my fishy friends.

I linked to some other refugiums on your other thread.Don't forget a light and check Ebay.Just search for ''refugium kits''

Company info.........coming soon. What is up with that? Great confidence builder! I think I would rather get a little AGA 5 1/2 gallon tank, (or an AGA 15 gallon tank which has a great foot print at roughly 24" x 12" x 12") and pump water up to it and put a bulkhead drain in it to drain back to the tank by gravity. Forget the cheap, toy skimmer. Besides who in their right mine skims their water before feeding it to their refuge. That is sorta like trickle filtering water before running through a skimmer. Or taking a shower in a rain coat (no thats a prophylactic). Refugiums typically look nice, so why hide it by hanging it around back of a tank and why block the view in the front by putting one there, or hiding it down with the sump. I still think the best use of a refugium is as a miniature display tank draining by gravity into your main large display tank. Put the things in your refugium you can not put in your main tank, like fast growing macro algae and things that pester your corals like some crabs and butterfly fish. Or even that mushroom which keeps attacking your SPS. Oh, yeah, the 50% off site. Hamms beer or Corona. Makes a difference, to some people. But they will both get you drunk, I suppose.

heh thanks :)

i think ill skip on the refug for now, still have quite a while before ill really need it, and ive dumped a bit of cash already

me and my dad have bought from them before and almost all of aquatraders stuff is made by oddyse.

ps. sorry i havent been on latley guys i dislocated my thumb while a skateboardung accident

Back