skimmer

hollywood11892

Reefing newb
so i just got a new skimmer today set it up and its making bubbles but i never had oen so im a bit lost, its a aquaeuro usa 55, and its not making skimmate it just looks like yellowish water,i have maybe 6 in of water and the thing to control the water level is all the way down and its still going into the cup i know i have to break it in but i didnt know if this is part of it, and two i guess there is something so if it overflows under the cup but was wondering how i clean it do i have to take the whole skimmer out? thanks sorry for all the questions

What is still going in the cup? The bubbles or water? Pics would help. I'm not familiar with that one. But you'll definitely need some "break in" time before it starts bubbling. How old is the tank? Maybe you've just got a low bioload, too.

The pipe with the sponge on it is the water level adjustment. Raise it up and the level should fall down the neck of the collection cup. You want to have your bubbles about half to 3 quarters to the top of the skimmer neck (or lid).

5 months it has a low bio because its been fallow for 8 weeks with regular water changes , but its water only i tried the pipe and it raises it but i could be doing something wrong

Make sure your air valve is wide open, and that it is sucking air like a MFer. You should have plenty of micro bubbles in the skimmer. If not, start looking at the air valve, air line, and venturi that it all attaches to and check for any holes, breaks, or blocks in the air delivery part of it.

and another quick question the instructions dont tell me and i cant find it on the internet but on the air intake there is are two spots to put the airline, one is just a hole the other has a long tube which one does the airline go into

and another quick question the instructions dont tell me and i cant find it on the internet but on the air intake there is are two spots to put the airline, one is just a hole the other has a long tube which one does the airline go into

Not sure exactly what you are talking about. The airline should be attached to a nipple at the intake of the pump. It then runs up the side of the Skimmer body through a clear tube that is about 1 and 1/2 inches long. If just dangles from there.

Aqua Euro USA Protein Skimmer Classic 55
there u can see on the intake a little black thing i guess its the silencer, and it has two diffrent nipples on doesnt do anything on the otehr side the other has a long tube coming out?

The one I had didn't make a difference which one I used. Try sucking on each one. If one does not allow air through it, then that is the one YOU DON"T WANT TO USE. I am thinking though that it is most likely the longer one.

Back