Skunk Cleaner still hiding

LoveJC03

Reef Enthusiast
Been wanting one forever just didn't want to spend $30 on a shrimp. We finally picked up a Skunk Cleaner Shrimp this past Saturday. After we put it in it crawled onto the Frogspawn then went and found a hiding spot, it has been hiding in the rocks since then. I only saw it in another spot the other morning about 5am but that's the only time. We have to look in through the side of our tank through a small hole just to see it.

Is it still adjusting and just being shy? Will it eventually come out and about or do some just stay hidden?

Most Skunk Cleaner shrimp are quite personable after getting adjusted. Give him a week or two and he should be all over the tank. Mine jumps on my hand when I'm messing in the tank.

Thanks you two! We were getting worried, so they just need a little time to come around..awesome! Can't wait to see him lol :)

Some shrimp molt after a lot of stress, such as being moved. You might not see him for a couple of days if that's what he's up to, but when he's hardened up he'll be all over the place. They can be downright annoying sometimes. :mrgreen:

Some shrimp molt after a lot of stress, such as being moved. You might not see him for a couple of days if that's what he's up to, but when he's hardened up he'll be all over the place. They can be downright annoying sometimes. :mrgreen:

SOMETIMES ??????
I hate when they find those cuts on my arms and hands and dig those little claws in.:frustrat: Makes for an itchy situation.

I've found that Skunk Cleaners are more outgoing when they are in the company of their own kind. If you just have the one, then I'd suggest to add at least one more.

We squirted some mysis down in the rock by him last night, he started easing out and being a little more active.. didn't fully come out in the open though. We're patient enough to give him all the time he needs :)

Thanks everyone for your inputs ;)

I have two skunk cleaners in my tank one will come all the way accross the tank 4 to 5 feet if it has tioo just to get on my arm, the other I very seldom see, he has a spot next to the BTA in the tank and doesnt move from it except at night to grab a piece of food or two, then right back to hiding.. I have had them for about two years now with no personable habits from that one, just stays in hiding all day until the lights are out..
good luck hope he comes aroound for you..

I got a skunk cleaner 2 days and go and so far he hides most of the time too. But once i throw in some food he comes right out to feed :mrgreen:

Best pic I could get from last night
311053_454868254591443_168954889_n.jpg

Hopefully we see ours more often then not

Back