Small School of Fish

clancaster23

Reefing newb
I want to add maybe a school of four fish to my tank to top off the stocking list. Looking for some recommendations. What's in there now are two tomato clowns, a kole tang and pink spotted goby. Must be reef safe.

I have a school of 7 blue/green chromis in my 180g and they are neat to watch swim together. Great shimmering color. Have had them for over 4 months with no problems of fighting among themselves and the leave all the other fish alone. Oh, and they are reef safe.

The challenge is too get enough fish to really have a noticeable school in a tank your size. In my 90 I have a school of 3 anthias and its nice, but I think you really need 7 or so to really see the school effect. Chromis are a bit smaller which is helpful.

Well, I would do a large school but in a 75, me wanting a four fish school is technically overstocking it as it is. Not sure if the fact that they are rather small fish would still consider it too much. Not only to keep parameters down, but also just too many fish in a small area.

four fish will be too little for the "schooling" effect, and that would kinda be pushing your bioload.

Cardinalfish would be good candidates for a school.

Back