snail eggs

Cannonman17

Reefing newb
Okay, here's the situation, I have a 30 gal reef tank, been up and going year and a half. All the corals are spreading like wild fire, fish are healthy(one yellow tail damsel, one tang til yesterday when he got moved to bigger tank, and one clown fish) I also have a few various hermit crabs, green matrix crab, coral banded shrimp, and three or four of the common reef snails, (turbo, and I don't remember the names of the other ones) ANYWAYS, one of the snails, cernith maybe? keeps laying eggs all over the darn place- has repeatedly for the last six months but I never see any babies- what's happening to them? Are they getting eaten, wrong environment, ??? Any help would be great! Oh yeah, I have four or five of each type of snail. I would like to see them hatch!:frustrat:

hard to say what is happening to them. maybe eaten, maybe too small and in rockwork, maybe not living. No much can be offered here unless you want to take out the eggs and put them in a controlled small tank for observation. personally I would just let things go and one day you will see more snails in your system than you put in. dont know if this helps but bout all i can offer. happy fishin.

I don't have a control tank or even a hospital tank :shock: so I have little choice but to let them go- just seems odd- they lay A LOT of eggs, all over the glass and live rock.. they stick there for a few days and just start falling apart and drifting away in the current. Oh well. I have a LARGE number of micro starfish- kind of wonder if they don't eat them... either way.. thanks for the help and if I ever figure out what's going on in there I'll post and let ya know.:D

Back