Snail Habits

BigFishy

Reefing newb
Yesterday I've picked up two turbo and two margarita snails. I acclimated them with the drip method for two hour or more. I am curious to know their habits. They we moving around last night and this morning I thought they were dead. I almost took them out, but I moved them all to one corner to see if they will move. Five minutes later they were all moving. Don't know if this means they are on their way out (dying) or do they sleep when the lights are out.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Snails can be lazy. As long as they are hanging on to the glass, they are okay. Just a heads up about the margarita snails though -- they are collected in cold waters off of California and the Pacific Northwest, and usually don't last long in our tanks. They slowly boil to death in warm reef temperature waters. It's better to stick with other types of snails that are from a reef environment. I don't even know why stores sell margarita snails, honestly.

The turbos are good when they're good. At times they are lazy though. I had this weird black algae growing and they chomped it up.

Back